Mama’s Baked Beans; Recipe
From my kitchen to your kitchen;
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces;
- 1 large white onion, or any other onion, you prefer, diced;
- 3 garlic-cloves diced up;
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Hefty pinch of red peeper flakes;
- 4, 15- cans beans, drained and rinsed,
- Kosher salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set a medium oven-safe pot over medium heat and add the bacon.
- Cook, stirring, until most of the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the drippings in the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until the color deepens, about 1 more minute.
- Add the root-beer, vinegar, molasses, mustard, red pepper flakes, into the pot. Stir, then bring to boil.
- Add the beans and three-quarters of the bacon and gently stir so the beans don’t lose their shape. Reduce the heat to medium and low to simmer, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then top with remaining bacon.
- You, may barrow recipe to use, but its not for sale; just sharing it;)) Happy-Baking;))
(all rights reserved @debvillines, Butterfly’s Den)