Awakened by Grief and ascended in love I was asked to take part in a writing adventure once again by Barbara Franken, a wonderful lady with a beautiful blog. You can view her inspiring website at: http://memymagnificentself.com/ I was asked to write about my experiences […]
Mama’s Baked Beans; Recipe
From my kitchen to your kitchen;
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces;
- 1 large white onion, or any other onion, you prefer, diced;
- 3 garlic-cloves diced up;
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Hefty pinch of red peeper flakes;
- 4, 15- cans beans, drained and rinsed,
- Kosher salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set a medium oven-safe pot over medium heat and add the bacon.
- Cook, stirring, until most of the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the drippings in the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until the color deepens, about 1 more minute.
- Add the root-beer, vinegar, molasses, mustard, red pepper flakes, into the pot. Stir, then bring to boil.
- Add the beans and three-quarters of the bacon and gently stir so the beans don’t lose their shape. Reduce the heat to medium and low to simmer, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then top with remaining bacon.
- You, may barrow recipe to use, but its not for sale; just sharing it;)) Happy-Baking;))
(all rights reserved @debvillines, Butterfly’s Den)
Next month, I’ll launch my latest novel, the prehistoric fiction, Born in a Treacherous Time:
Lucy and her band of early humans struggle to survive in a world where nature rules, predators stalk them, and the next species of man threatens to destroy Lucy and everything she understands.
If you read To Hunt a Sub and loved the cameos of Lucy, the ancient female, Born in a Treacherous Time reveals her life, why she appeared to Kali as sad, and how she set off on what would be man’s African exodus. Also: Learn how to knap tools, steal carcasses from Scimitar-tooth cats, and avoid the many dangers that preyed on early man.
With a planned publication date of June 7, 2018, here’s how I’m doing:
Thanks to the talented artists at Damonza:
Two early great reviews
If the Kirkus review hadn’t come out good, I would have buried…
View original post 372 more words
(this is coming from the mind of a cat;))
I will take this fuzzy thing;
You can have the kitchen set,
I will take this crumpled foil.
You can have the beach house,
I will take this tissue box.
You can have everything,
Ooh, I want those dirty socks;
For, how dare you come home, smelling like another cat…
Hope everyone enjoys this poem as much as I did reading it;
I swear I saw a Red Brick Wall
Just before the Green Ceiling
Slapped back into its place.
I’d only thought about it
For a brief moment.
But such power!
I underestimate my mind
And how it touches me.
One small thought
And I’m caught.
I should take more care
What I think about
On dreaming days.
My dreaming ways.
A little more kindness and a little less creed,
A little more giving and a little less greed;
A little more smile and a little less frown,
A little more ‘We’ and a little less “I’s”
A little more laugh and a little less cry;
A few more flowers on the pathway of life,
and a fewer on the graves at the end of this strife;
How beautiful are you tents of, Jacob;
your dwellings, of Israel.
The stretch out like new river and valleys, and
like gardens beside a stream,
Like aloe the LORD has planted,
like cedars beside the still waters.
And that Water will naturally flow from his buckets,
And his seed that will be by abundant water.
His King will be greater than Agag, and
his Kingdom, come that will be exalted…And Peace shall
reign- forever and ever;)))
all rights reserved to @Butterfly’s Den